The Fall of Hyrule
| Hyrule Historia|
Resurgence is the nineteenth Hyrule Historia mission and the third one in the Gerudo Wars arc. As the Gerudo Wars breaks out across Hyrule, conflict is arising in the Kokiri Forest. Tired of being subservient to the Great Deku Tree, the Kokiri Chief Mido makes an uneasy alliance with the spirit of Sulkaris in hopes of killing his master and taking his place. The Great Deku Tree must protect his grove from the sudden swarm of Gohma unleashed by the Fallen Sage.
- Midna: The Gerudo Wars had begun.
- Midna: Agahnim and the Darknuts fortified themselves, securing Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time.
- Midna: Handing the castle to the Darknuts dismayed Ganondorf.
- Midna: Despite his displeasure the Gerudo would continue their conquest of the Hylians.
- Midna: As their armies clashed, another war in the east was about to erupt...
- Mirora (fires at the target): Good luck beating that, Saria.
Saria fires an arrow straight at the bullseye.
- Mido: I think she just beat you, Mirora.
- Mirora: Shut up, Mido. (leaves)
- Mido: I've been meaning to ask you Saria, do you want to be my queen?
- Saria: Certainly not! (runs away)
- Mido: But I'm Chief of the Kokiri, why not?
- Saria (looks back): You know the Great Deku Tree forbids such things. (leaves)
Mido is dismayed. Saria kneels in front of the Great Deku Tree.
- Saria: I wish to speak with you, father of the Kokiri.
- The Great Deku Tree: What is it my child?
- Saria: I am concerned about Chief Mido.
- The Great Deku Tree: What trouble surrounds him?
- Saria: He continues to bully the other Kokiri around despite my warnings.
- Saria: I fear he might be taking after our ancestors.
Mido eavesdrops on Saria and the Great Deku Tree.
- The Great Deku Tree: I shall speak to Mido about this matter.
- Saria: That is not all, father.
- Saria: He asked for me to be his Queen.
- Saria: Does that mean he thinks he will be a King one day?
- The Great Deku Tree: His power as Chief has gone to his head.
- The Great Deku Tree: I shall humble him.
Mido looks away.
- Saria (kowtows): I praise you, father, for the good you bring us.
- The Great Deku Tree: If Mido continues I shall take his title away.
- The Great Deku Tree: One way or another he shall stop.
When Mido is sitting alone in the forest, a Gohma Larva approaches him, followed by a dark spirit.
- Sulkaris: The time has come, Kokiri Chief.
- Mido: Sulkaris... is that you?
- Sulkaris: My armies have crept from far away. I am ready. (approaches Mido)
- Mido: So you kill the big Tree and take his magic... and I become the King of Kokiri?
- Sulkaris: I only need you to guide my servants through his barriers.
- Sulkaris: Then you shall be King.
- Mido: What if you start bossing me around once he's gone?
- Sulkaris: I already have perfect servants.
- Mido: No offence but you look pretty scary now that I see you.
- Sulkaris: Has the Great Deku Tree not frightened you before?
- Mido: Yeah and I don't know how you're going to beat him.
- Mido: He's big enough to step on you like a little Deku Scrub!
- Sulkaris: I have numbers on my side.
A swarm of Gohma marches into the Deku Tree's Grove.
- The Great Deku Tree: Gohma... (uproots)
|Team 1||Team 2|
Saria is overwhelmed and killed by the Gohma, but the Kokiri still successfully repel the invaders. The Great Deku Tree confronts Sulkaris and Mido.
- Sulkaris: So you are Kasuto, Sage of the Forests. (leaves)
- The Great Deku Tree (finds Saria's corpse): Oh Saria... this is not the time I wanted to name you a Sage...
- The Great Deku Tree: Forgive me, my child. (brings Saria back to life)
Mido runs away. Later, the Great Deku Tree speaks to Saria and Mirora.
- The Great Deku Tree: Mido's betrayal has deeply troubled me, I'll need a new Chief in his place.
- The Great Deku Tree: Mirora, I task you to replace him as Chief of the Kokiri.
- Mirora (stands up): It would be an honour, father.
- The Great Deku Tree: The Gohma are very far from their homelands, they must have a nest near the edge of the forest.
- The Great Deku Tree: If we do not destroy it their numbers will replenish in a matter of days.
- The Great Deku Tree: Mirora, I task you with finding this hive and reporting back to me.
- The Great Deku Tree: I shall attempt to ally as many forest nations as I can before we strike.
- The Great Deku Tree: Then we will drive the Gohma away before they infest the entire forest.
- The Great Deku Tree: Is something wrong, Saria?
- Saria: I feel so... empty.
- The Great Deku Tree: You have tasted death and are now a Sage.
- The Great Deku Tree: I shall teach you to deal with this empty feeling in time.
- Saria: I don't know if I can live with this...
- The Great Deku Tree: Do not worry. Have faith in me, Saria.
- Saria: Forever and always.